Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Why Not...

The second edition of Why Not involves wedding dress fabric alternatives.

We all know of the typical wedding dress fabrics, duchess satin, chiffon, lace, organza, etc. Beautiful as they may be some women just don't want to wear a dress of the traditional feel. Either their weddings are of a more casual affair or they just want something unique and non-traditional. May I introduce the idea of Jersey? I know, I know, upon hearing Jersey I instinctively think of a few unflattering images myself..the Jersey Turnpike, Jersey Girl the movie, and my ex-boyfriend from Jersey...but give it a try. This fabric actually drapes nicely and is very comfortable. Having a garden or beach wedding this summer? Any one of the dresses below would be perfect and can you believe they are all under $300? Simple, chic and affordable.

No comments: